Update & Current status
Last updated 1 August 2022 (We will continue to update this page with new information)
• NZLC Auckland – Normal operation.
• NZLC Wellington – Temporarily closed.
• From 11.59pm 31 July 2022: New Zealand border will fully reopen to all countries, including student visa application for offshore students.
• Pre-departure test: https://covid19.govt.nz/international-travel/travel-to-new-zealand/pre-departure-tests-to-enter-new-zealand/
Travellers whose first international flight to New Zealand departs after 11:59pm (NZT) 20 June 2022 do not need pre-departure tests. This applies to people entering New Zealand from anywhere in the world.
Most travellers still need to be vaccinated, and take 2 rapid antigen tests (RATs) after arriving in New Zealand.
New Zealand Alert Level – All regions of the country moved to the “Orange” setting from 11.59pm on 13 April 2022.
- At Orange, you can continue to do everyday activities, but we need to protect our vulnerable communities.
- You must wear a face mask in many indoor locations. You do not need to wear a face mask outdoors.
- You can visit cafes and bars, attend gatherings and events, and go to the hairdresser and gym. There are no capacity limits or distancing requirements at venues.
- Workplaces and schools can open.
- To protect yourself, your whānau and your community, keep up healthy habits.
NZLC Classroom setup and physical distancing:
- For the meantime we will continue to maintain distancing in classrooms
- We also advise continuing to wear a mask on campus for your safety and the safety of others
You can read more about the 5 stages on the NZ government’s official covid19 website.
Please refer to the following website for full details and updates from New Zealand Immigration: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/coronavirus-update-inz-response