Your first day
Be excited! Our friendly and welcoming staff will take good care of you!
On your first day, please come to school as below:
- Morning Class – 8am
- Afternoon Class – 12pm
- Evening Class – 4:30pm
General English and Young Learner students will have an English test. Don’t stress! We just want to make sure we place you in the best class for your level!
After this, we will show you around the school and introduce you to our lovely Student Services Department.
We will also give you a thorough orientation and answer any questions you have!
Pre Departure Information
To help you prepare for your trip, please watch our Pre-departure guide video carefully for information about the school and what to expect when you come here. This information will help you adapt more quickly to your new life in New Zealand and at NZLC. You can also read through our Pre-Departure Manual.
- Your passport and valid NZ visa
- Copy of Insurance certificate and insurance policy in English (If NZLC has arranged your insurance, we will give you the policy documents on your first week)
- Your contact address and phone number while in New Zealand
- Taxpayer Identification Number or National Identification Number from your country if you are planning to open a bank account in New Zealand
- Pens, a notebook and a dictionary
- We also recommend bringing a reusable drink bottle to school
2021 Sample Orientation Day schedule
|8:00 – 11:15||Test/Orientation|
|11:15 – 12:00||Lunch|
|12:00 – 13:15||Orientation|
|13:45 – 14:45||Elective/Activities (Optional)|
|12:00 – 13:35||Orientation|
|13:35 – 13:45||Break|
|13:45 – 18:30||Lesson|
|16:30 – 19:40||Test/Orientation|