Last updated 15 March, 2021 (We will continue to update this page with new information)
• NZLC Auckland – Open
• NZLC Wellington – Open.
• New Zealand Alert Level – Auckland joined the rest of New Zealand at Alert Level 1 at midday on Friday 12 March. All of New Zealand is at Alert Level 1
For details on the alert levels, please visit the NZ covid19 website
• Facemasks – Wearing a face covering helps keep you and others safe. It helps stop droplets spreading when someone speaks, laughs, coughs or sneezes. It is encouraged to wear face coverings on public transport and when you cannot maintain physical distancing in crowded places.
In Auckland, face coverings legally must be worn for:
· people travelling on public transport services in, into and out of the Auckland region (except for children under 12 years of age)
· Auckland taxi and ride-share drivers – while it’s not compulsory for passengers to wear them, we strongly encourage you to.
· people travelling on passenger flights throughout New Zealand.
• New Zealand Border – Closed. The NZ Government confirmed on 27 July 2020 that International students will not be able to enter New Zealand for the remainder of 2020 and until further notice.
• Onshore Visa Applications – Check the Immigration New Zealand website for details on visa extensions for onshore students.
• Offshore Visa Applications – Immigration New Zealand has outlined the below information concerning students who are outside of New Zealand.
- As the border is closed, students will not meet entry requirements and as a result, Immigration New Zealand are unable to process and decide offshore applications.
- As INZ is unable to process offshore applications, any documents submitted to INZ in support of an application will quickly become out of date. When processing resumes, the applicant will face additional costs and effort to update essential information (such as chest x-rays which are required where there is a TB risk).
- While INZ generally processes in date order, this is not always the case. A General Instruction can be issued that determines the order and manner of processing, and this may not be in date order. Applying now is not a guarantee that the application will be first in line when processing resumes. INZ will be processing according to the priorities set by the Government.
Please refer to the following website for full details and updates from New Zealand Immigration: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/coronavirus-update-inz-response
NZLC Lockdown Support Plan
As an industry-leading English language centre, we want to help our people. We understand that the current situation is putting a lot of financial pressure on many people so we have decided to offer the support plan. NZLC is offering special flat rates on full time courses for any student wishing to study or extend their course at NZLC.
You can find more information here: NZLC Local Support Plan
Covid-19 related courses/services cancellation/course change/postponement policy before course commencement
We have decided to offer a FREE second accommodation placement fee as a special policy for those students whose entry to NZ is affected by the Covid-19 coronavirus. This means students are able to change or postpone their course without any penalty on the enrolment fee, accommodation arrangement fee or tuition fee, if they inform NZLC by the end of business hours on Friday of the week before their course/services were due to commence.
If the student would like to postpone their course but is not yet sure of the new start date, NZLC is happy to offer a postponement without any penalty on enrolment fee, accommodation arrangement fee and tuition fee if the new start date is within 2 years of the original date. (Accommodation fee, Textbook/material fee and other service fees – the current rate at the time apply).
|Enrolment Fee||100% penalty apply||No Penalty|
|Accommodation Arrangement Fee (4 weeks or more before course/services commence)||NZLC Cancellation, Withdrawal, Changes and Refund/Penalty Policies apply||No Penalty|
|Accommodation Arrangement Fee (Less than 4 weeks before course/services commence)||NZLC Cancellation, Withdrawal, Changes and Refund/Penalty Policies apply||No Penalty|
|Accommodation Fee before arrival||100% Refund||No Penalty|
|Tuition Fee before arrival||100% Refund||No Penalty|
|Airport transfer/Insurance||NZLC Cancellation, Withdrawal, Changes and Refund/Penalty Policies apply||NZLC Cancellation, Withdrawal, Changes and Refund/Penalty Policies apply|
|All other arrangement fees incurred||NZLC Cancellation, Withdrawal, Changes and Refund/Penalty Policies apply||NZLC Cancellation, Withdrawal, Changes and Refund/Penalty Policies apply|
Covid-19 related courses/services cancellation/shortening after course commencement
Students within the refund period: Refer to the current NZLC Terms and Conditions. (https://dev.nzlc.ac.nz/enrolment-process/terms-and-conditions/ – 1479221092044-a9efd42d-c141)
Students outside the refund period: In response to the current situation, NZLC is happy to support our students by offering credit for up to two years, for any remaining/unfinished course weeks. Course credit is counted in Part Time or Full Time weeks.
For cancellation of Accommodation and other fees please refer to the current NZLC Terms and Conditions. (https://dev.nzlc.ac.nz/enrolment-process/terms-and-conditions/ – 1479221092044-a9efd42d-c141)
For the Textbook/Material Fee students can collect their deposit if eligible before they depart.
Terms of enrolment for using course credit:
• Enrolment fee – Students do not have to pay a second enrolment fee.
• Tuition Fee – the credit weeks can be used. There is no need to make any additional payment if there is any difference in the tuition fee.
• Entry criteria – enrolment into the equivalent course of the time is subject to availability and the usual entry criteria, as specified in the NZLC Fees & Courses current at the time.
• Textbook/Material Fee – A new Textbook deposit is required and a material fee may be charged.
• Accommodation Arrangement fee & Accommodation fee – the current rates at the time apply.
• Other service fees – the current rates at the time apply.
• Reissuing a COE (Confirmation of Enrolment) for student visa $250 – Students do not have to pay the fee
Note: As per NZLC’s Terms and Conditions clause “Unpreventable Event/Natural Disaster”, in the event that NZLC must close due to an unpreventable event or natural disaster (e.g. power blackout, storm), there will be no refund for any “missed days”.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are:
• a fever (at least 38°C)
• a cough • shortness of breath
• sneezing or runny nose.
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as colds and flu.
Please do not come to school if you are feeling unwell. You can phone student services if you need help making a doctor’s appointment. It is important you call in advance if you think you have Co-vid 19 so that they can prepare for your arrival and take the necessary precautions.
If you have symptoms call Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 (New Zealand phone) or +64 9 358 5453 (international SIMs) or your local doctor for the most up to date professional advice.
If you are severely unwell, for example having trouble breathing, contact emergency services. Phone: 111.
From Monday 31 August, the NZ Government mandates that anyone taking public transport must wear a mask at Alert Level 2 and above.
It is also strongly recommended to wear a mask/face covering in situations where physical distancing is not possible.
Face coverings can help reduce the spread of COVID-19 when there are cases of community transmission. This can be anything to cover the face including a scarf, bandana or a hand-made mask (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YthnnqEEqBc).
Non-medical-grade face coverings can be either single-use or reusable.
• A single-use face covering can only be worn once, and you should throw it away after wearing it.
• Fabric reusable face coverings can be washed and reused.
You can buy a mask from supermarkets, pharmacies and hardware stores. If they are out of stock, you can also purchase them online.