Choose the perfect accommodation for you!
Staying with a friendly and caring host family is one of the best ways to experience the Kiwi culture and at the same time practise your English outside the classroom. You will have an unforgettable time with your Kiwi family.
It is very important for us and your host family to know if you have any special requests or needs so we can make your stay as comfortable as possible. Regular quality checks are conducted by NZLC .
• In your room, you will have a bed, desk, lamp and closet. Twin share options are also available on request.
Half Board includes: Breakfast and dinner during weekdays and 3 meals on weekends.
Full Board includes: Includes 3 meals a day including a packed lunch during weekdays.
Average Travel Time to School
To NZLC Auckland:
• 45 minutes – 60 minutes (approximately $40-$50 per week for public transport).
To NZLC Wellington (temporarily closed):
• 30 minutes (approximately $30-$40 per week for public transport).
Homestay for Young Learners (13-17 years-old)
Young learner homestay families are specially chosen to look after and care for students who are between 13 and 17 years old.
NZLC undertakes to comply with the accommodation provisions for young learners set out in Part 6 of the NZQA Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International students.
Young learners will need written permission from their parents if they want to stay out later than 6.00 p.m. or stay somewhere overnight. NZLC recommends that all Young Learner students book full-board, (three meals per day).
Other Young Learner Homestay Options
If a young learner is not staying with an NZLC homestay, the categories of accommodation that will be accepted by NZLC are:
• Student’s parent(s).
• Non-NZLC Homestay (‘NZLC Education Consultant Appointed Homestay Form’ required)
• Designated Caregiver appointed by the parent (‘NZLC Designated Caregiver Form’ required’.
• A local High School homestay family (Confirmation Letter required).
Extra Caregiver: NZLC will provide pastoral care for all Young Learner students. However, if parents would like to request an extra caregiver through NZLC, this can be arranged for a fee of $90 – $120 per week. NZLC may also request that a particular Young Learner have a caregiver in order for the student to participate in the NZLC course.